The Sexuality, Women & Gender Project (SWG) invites the community for an event in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM), taking place at Teachers College on October 17th from 6-9pm. A panel discussion on the role of gender and culture in domestic/intimate partner violence will be followed by a wine reception. This is a complimentary event, but RSVP is required as space is limited. Please wear purple this day to Teachers College in solidarity of DVAM and in particular to the event!
• Yi-Hui Chang, ATR-BC – Dean Hope Center of Educational and Psychological Services at Teachers College, Columbia University, Formerly of New York Asian Women’s Center (NYAWC) (http://www.nyawc.org/),
• Jennifer DeCarli, Esq., LMSW – Executive Director Mayor’s Office to Combat DomesticViolence (www.nyc.gov/domesticviolence)
• Sethu Nair – Manager of Communications & Outreach at Sakhi for South Asian Women (www.sakhi.org).
• Stephanie Spanos, M.D.– Attending Psychiatrist, Hawthorne Cedar Knolls Girls’ Unit; Agapi Circles; Elpides
• Sujata Warrier, Ph.D. – Director, NYC Program – NYS Office for the Prevention ofDomestic Violence (http://www.opdv.ny.gov/)
• Aurelie Athan, Ph.D. – MA Program Coordinator, Department of Clinical Psychology; Sexuality, Women, and Gender Project; Teachers College, Columbia University
• Katerina (Katia) Stefanatou, B.S. – UNICEF; AGAPW – Focus on Youth Committee
• Sexuality, Women, & Gender Project (www.swgproject.org)
• AGAPW: Association of Greek American Professional Women (www.agapw.org)
• The Office of the Vice President for Diversity and Community Affairs, Teachers College, Columbia University (www.tc.columbia.edu/diversity/)